Monday, July 20, 2009

through much prayer

and contemplation I realize that God is in charge and to be impatient only lengthens my days. I made a conscientious decision to turn loose of my (lack of) control and have noticed significant peace flood my heart. I know, too that Marina has a guardian angel as do all the children. Once we trust in our beautiful God, we know He is in complete control of our situations. Granted, He does not think quite as we do...and I interject with a note that I am glad about that fact! He is not controlled by time and panic, quite unlike life on earth. I look forward to Heaven because of the endless joy and release from planning and hoping, among many other reasons. Anyhow today is the day that peace has finally invaded my story and our stoic attempts to bring Marina home. In Gods will and in His time. I also have released the anxiety of living in these troubled times in the United states. My comfort is only guaranteed under the wings of my Lord, and that is where I take my refuge. And when and if the United states falls apart, it was His plan in the first place. He sets leaders on thrones and he deposes leaders...

Habakkuk 2:3 tells me that the vision is for an appointed time...though it tarries, wait for it because it will surely come.
How many of the Psalms ask me to wait upon the Lord? just about every one I have read seems to mention this important task. And so I relinquish my hold on the plans I know he has for me, plans for hope and a future, plans not to harm me but to prosper me. (Jer 29:11) I let God by God, and I will simply be me. It is a good fit and I am grateful that the world is not my responsibility today. I am also grateful for his promises and his instruction book. what would we do without them?

1 comment:

  1. Amen! Wonderful post, thanks so much for sharing. Waiting is so unbelievably hard!

    ReplyDelete