Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Prayer warrior power...

Today I went to the final study from Chip Ingram on Spiritual Warfare and this last chapter is on how to combat this stuff. It exists whether you thing it is hogwash or whether you blame it for all the things you do you don't want to take responsibility for....because the devil made you do it. All the methods for getting out from under this heinously irritating and scary influence filter back to trusting God and knowing what His word says. It grants us power as believers to banish these attacks in Jesus name. Needless to say I have been under significant defeat and abnormal weight of failure because our adoption process is being sidetracked. As this beautiful group of everyday women bowed their heads and lifted up various prayers that were laid on their hearts, I was humbled to be a part of a princess warrior circle. Soft voices cracked out passion filled burdens. And then someone lifted this family up and I felt our needs being set at the feet of the Throne of Creation. Humble can be mighty enough to qualify as an oxymoron....I began to cry as the prayer filled the cracks of my heart. Then my mother prayed for friends who would lift our family up as their concern. The sniffles circled the room. It is amazing to be cared for by strangers and friends as one. Love has a power that cannot be disguised as the real thing when it is not. And that was love's arms open for Marina today. I saw it. I felt it. And as if to add a mystical moment here, my phone rang in my pocket on vibrate. I checked it to see who called and all it said was 905. I tried to call it back later, no known number. Tully wondered later if it was September 5th. We will have to see. I was so caught up in the moment of heaven's power that I cannot argue against the fact that it was an interruption to the moment. We will see if there is any more to come of it. I bought a book today called the Sacred Echo. Hearing God's voice in everyday themes and whispers. Poor Elijah, exhausted and hunted, the last prophet, hiding in a cave and God asks him "So what are you doing here?" Elijah needs help--he is discouraged and tired and slam burned out...instead of being the perfect sky Genie, and granting answers to these issues, God brings him a hurricane, an earthquake and a blazing forest fire. On top of that, God isn't even in these things, but creates these things. Then He does something amazing. He whispers to Elijah. He is in Elijah's heart. The renewal begins and Elijah is able to find all he needs from that encounter to move forward. Just knowing God has a moment all for you is all the breath we need to return to the battle at hand.
I believe God whispered today. I also think he whispered to Marina to be patient. Things are happening she cannot imagine. In that light I believe things are happening that I cannot imagine either. I am grateful for the faith that has carried me daily. I am blown away by the support for years by my friends and family. I am humbled that God ever chose me in the first place. I would love to be remembered because I answered His whisper and was obedient to His calling. and the One I want to remember me is only Him.
Hang on Marina, someone is coming. You are special. We are all special but most importantly, we are each special. Listen....

1 comment: