Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The balance beam....

Proverbs 3v27
Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due,
When it is in the power of your hand to do so.


And I wonder and marvel that it takes so long to re-read and approve a document. I simply do not understand this elaborate waiting game...no one in Ukraine does either as I am prodded to send a poke or two in the direction of the agency who holds the cards...14 months of waiting and filling out papers and chasing 25 year old documents and 14 year old documents and 10 year old documents....enlisting governors and enlisting congressmen as of today...so maybe tomorrow or tomorrow or the tomorrow after that. I wait, we all wait, but mostly, Marina waits. And I will not do any more fundraising until we know for sure we are approved. I assume the officer in charge of our case has read our paperwork since she was able to construct such a magnificent shopping list. Now that the ingredients are sitting on her desk, it feels like she can't bake the cake for some reason. I KNOW it has been read already or the list would not have materialized. I know they are thinking of approving us or they would not have asked for the list of paperwork, they simply would have denied us. Every paper we sent them exonerates any question that our fines or penalties were indeed satisfied. And yet at every step of the way, someone takes as long as humanly possible to drag this out. It defies logic. 90 days for department of social services...70+ days for immigration, 4 months for the pardon and parole board...2 weeks here and two weeks there...for a total of 14 months and counting. I am tired of standing on the beam. I want the answer and I want it soon. Like by tomorrow. Does NO ONE CARE about Marina but us? Did I have to mention how much I am learning to hate government agencies? No wonder we have an immigration problem. Who the heck wants to use the front door? Nothing like having a bunch of people who are no better than anyone else judging and sizing everyone up through a bunch of pieces of paper designed to show off the bad stuff....

I want off this beam and I want what is on the other side...a home with Marina. For Marina. By the sacrifice of Caylyn. Like I said, maybe tomorrow.

I would transition and write all about meeting Shelly and the Burman clan but am in a funk right now and would probably do better if I went to make Evan some dinner...I would not do the visit justice right now...but will post when the storm in my soul blows over.

4 comments:

  1. It is unfathomable that a child like Marina waits, while a family like yours is ready to love her, all because of paperwork.

    Best of luck, prayers things begin to move quickly in your direction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathy,
    Thinking about you every day. I know each day is one day closer to Marina! I cannot wait to see you posting pictures from EE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been wondering if you had heard and I missed it somehow. I'm so sorry for the long wait. I know God knows what is happening and why and who knows, maybe he is allowing it to protect Marina and you in some way. That is what I always tell myself when something holds us up. I have to look back and remind myself (& the enemy for that matter) of the things God has done for us.

    We will definitely be praying still about this for you. I hope you can feel the prayers people are praying for you!

    And please know that we just love you! I have always thought you had a brilliant gift for writing (even when you are in a funk ;).

    AND I was THRILLED to hear about the Burman's and you getting to meet up! I so badly wish all the RR families could come to London! We'd so love to meet you all!

    :D

    ReplyDelete